Freelance Writer on Mental Health
- Psych Central Blog
- Big List of Game Development Software at Retronuke
- The Crucial Reason I’m Not Supporting #IfMenHadPeriods at the Revelist
- Original poetry chapbook entitled Losing Teeth
- Writer at Existgreat
- A self-help, self-care twine tool called You feel like shit: An Interactive Self Care Guide
- Journalist at Education News
- “Father/Son Dance” (Poem) in Bloom Queer Arts Journal, Fall 2013
- “City of Iron” (One-Act Play) produced at Tyler Theatre, May 2011
- Creative Writing B.A., minor in Theatre (2015)
- Fairport High School (2010)
In The News
- The Internet Wants to Help You Take Care of Yourself from Julie Beck of the Atlantic
- Caitlin’s Browser History: Do You Feel Like Shit? from XOJane
- The Self-Care Revolution by Evette Dionne
- The Politics of Conspicuous Displays of Self Care by Jordan Kisner
- A History of Self Care by Aisha Harris
5 Awesome, Immediate Self-Care Resources For When You Feel Like Actual Garbage by Sam Dylan Finch
Photo Credit: Patricia Talamo
Thank you so much for your “you feel like shit” questionnaire. It has been really helpful in my life many times and I just wanted to thank whoever was responsible, personally. So often in my life, I have felt like shit. :( Your work helped me to at least get to a baseline of wellness. Your guide is a really caring gift to the rest of us.
[…] you are looking for specific tools, I highly recommend this interactive guide to self-care by Jace Harr. It is most appropriate to be used in the moment, meaning it’s not that much of a plan but […]
Absolutely wonderful to stumble upon your flowchart. I am sharing it far and wide and I am so grateful for your insightful and balanced attitude towards self care. It is a wonderful resource on days when you need someone to tell you to do the things. Endless thank you, Jace. <3
Could you please add an option around the “did you take your meds” section? Maybe the reason the person didn’t take their meds is because they’re out and they need to order them.
Thank you. I needed that site.
[…] times, “You Feel Like Shit” was originally launched around September 2015 by writer Jace Harr and later adapted into an interactive flowchart — complete with poop emojis — by designer […]
What a cool idea it instanly got me out of my discomforts and made me look outside the box. Irealy didnt think anything could help but this did because I was helping myself and thats the hardest to do sometimes but it worked! Definetleysharing this on facebook its amazing!